i'm just as guilty of feeling these things as you are, but stop.
- "we have so much...they don't" "its just not fair!" "it's not right"
- "people are SO materialistic"
- "christmas is so commercial, seriously..."
- "i don't have family or friends and i'm lonely" (sometimes translated "i don't like my family or my friends and i'm lonely")
- "it's so tacky, and the carols never stop"
yes, these are all annoying, but that's all they are. they have no more authority over christmas than an obnoxious guest at a dinner party.
we celebrate because after thousands of years of sin, and hundreds of years of captivity a son came to earth, who was God, and died for us.
its not about feeling guilty - if you feel there is an injustice being done by you receiving a gift and some other kid in africa not receiving a gift then the other 363 days of the year you should be feeling just as guilty too. this injustice is a daily thing. stop feeling guilty, jesus came. now start moving your life to a more chain-breaking lifestyle.
christmas was the ultimate chain-breaker. injustice ruled over our lives, we were bound by sin, and we were under an evil rule. jesus came and broke sin, and set us free.
thats christmas. rejoice, celebrate, be joyful.
if you have ever disliked christmas i invite you to let it go.