Wednesday, September 24, 2008

fire in my bones

but if i say "i will not mention him
or speak any more in his name", 
his word is in my heart like a fire
a fire shut up in my bones.
i am weary of holding it in;
indeed, i cannot

i have this stuck in my head, it's jer 20:9, and i saw it first on my friend's shoulder, he has it tattooed there. 

i realized, i don't have much else to talk about than jesus, and when i'm not talking about him, i wish i was. we can "preach the gospel at all times; and if necessary use words" but when you are a very verbal person like me, the words come first. i'm a teacher, and a speaker, and i don't have too much else in my life. without him, i'm nothing, and so what else will i talk about? 

right now i haven't been teaching much in jr high, and i'm missing that, it was such a blessing, and i feel like i have so many words, and i might explode at some point. i need to be more at peace right now.

later gangsters

No comments: